Saturday, November 12, 2011

Need to know what kind of flapper to buy for my old TOTO toilet. How do I find the model of the toilet?

My apt. maintenance put a flapper in that is too large. Now the toilet leaks. I have to stick my hand in at night and place the flapper on tightly so it won't leak all night. I need to buy a flapper that will fit the toilet. How can I find the model on this "very old" TOTO toilet??|||Make sure that it is not too high or too low on the post, and that it is centered just right. Raise it up a bit or lower it. If that doesn't work, then go to a hardware store, and there will be 3 or 4 flappers to choose from ranging from $2 to $6 or whatever. I bought a nice solid one, and it did a great job in my toilet. I used to have to hold the handle down for 15 seconds when flushing it.|||Have you tried looking under the toilet tank cover? If it does have a number cross reference on their web site. The other suggestion previously answered that it might be too high on the post. Just slide it down a little.|||hiya!


if you take the old flapper out, and lay it on a piece of blue damp proof membrane, you can mark around it and cut yourself a new flapper!


dpm, is the blue polythene sheet that builders use!


if you have a builder locally, ask if he has a spare piece, then you have a free flapper!


any thickish polythene will do it though!


paulw

No comments:

Post a Comment