Saturday, November 12, 2011

How do I keep my Toto toilet flapper from continually tearing where the chain connects?

I have gone through two THU140S Toto toilet flappers. The chain continues to tear right through the plastic hole that connects the flapper to the chain. It's really annoying to have to replace the flapper. Is there a universal flapper that will work for my toilet and be better made or longer-lasting?|||It sounds like the chain that connects between the handle and the flapper is too short. That way it puts stress on that attachment point when the handle is fully pressed. Get a longer chain or adjust the attachment point of the handle.|||leave some slack in the chain, not to much. If this does not work buy a korky flapper they are pretty good, I am a maintenance guy and i also remodel , korky has been good for my uses so far|||Your chain is probably to tight, loosen it up some, you don't need it that tight. I have never seen this problem in all the years I've plumbed.|||If you go to a hardware store you should be able to find universal replacements for the flapper.|||Next time Buy American!|||I have never gotten a model-specific replacement, but have replaced many parts on the toilet flushing mechanism. Have you gone to a Home Depot type store and just tried another brand?

No comments:

Post a Comment